Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hikka Honkasalo #strokeart2014

My name is Hilkka Honkasalo. I live in Finland where I was born. I had a brain tumor resection done in 2000, leaving me with a right-sided hemiparesis and aphasia. I had to give up my 30-year career in the garment business. After the onset I found painting. I started with the aquarelle and acrylic painting, but have moved onto oil painting completely now. I am inspired by the following artists: Soile Yli-Mäyry – strong colors and the dissimilarity Claude Monet- softness of the colors Vincent van Gogh- the movement and craziness, expression of ugliness with a beauty Paul Gaugin- the colors Name of my art piece for the competition is “Joakim “

Featured Post

Epidemiologic profiling for stroke in Nepal: Endeavour towards establishing database

Resha Shrestha  @avi_neuro. , MS 1 , Avinash Chandra, MD 1 , Samir Acharya, MS 1 , Pranaya Shrestha, MS 1 , Pravesh Rajbhandari, MS 1 , Re...