Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jo Avis #strokeart2014

I started painting during my rehab and recovery from x 2 massive strokes that I had at 26. They were caused by the heart infection endocarditis. I had to relearn to walk, talk, swallow and all activities of daily life. But over a 2 year period I manage to regain enough lost skills to return to my job as a special needs tutor at the local college, although only part time and back to living independently rather than at my parents home. I am doing very well in general but do suffer with sensory deprivation and central stroke pain on my left sides and lots of headaches as a result if my stroke but I not complaining, I am better than ever predicted. With a friend I started a Facebook page (www.facbook.com/year10.avis.art) to mark my ten year milestone as a stroke survivor.by selling my paintings to fund raise (for the Stroke Associations life after stroke centre Bromsgrove UK) It felt like the right thing to do as my love for painting was as a direct result of having strokes. I do landscapes, seascapes and abstract painting using acrylics, My painting is a daisy field 80cm x 30cm x 3cm

Featured Post

Epidemiologic profiling for stroke in Nepal: Endeavour towards establishing database

Resha Shrestha  @avi_neuro. , MS 1 , Avinash Chandra, MD 1 , Samir Acharya, MS 1 , Pranaya Shrestha, MS 1 , Pravesh Rajbhandari, MS 1 , Re...