Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Molly McGlade #strokeart2014










I live in Draperstown and was born on 20 August 1934 in Ballymacpeake, County Antrim. I suffered my first 'mini stroke' at the age of 55. This didn't affect me so much and I recovered well. At the age of 61 I then suffered a 2nd stroke which was a bleed on the brain. I needed alot of speech therapy. I joined the NI Chest Heart & Stroke shortly after my first stroke. I found it very helpful to meet with people who suffered the same thing. I also got introduced to new activities - eg. art, pottery, handcraft work. I have enjoyed the art work in particular. (see example below). I suffered a 3rd stroke at the age of 70 which affected my balance on the left hand side. I received physiotherapy along with occupational therapy. I enjoy meeting up with colleagues at the NICHS in Cookstown and have made good friends. We have produced alot of art work which I enjoy doing.

Featured Post

Epidemiologic profiling for stroke in Nepal: Endeavour towards establishing database

Resha Shrestha  @avi_neuro. , MS 1 , Avinash Chandra, MD 1 , Samir Acharya, MS 1 , Pranaya Shrestha, MS 1 , Pravesh Rajbhandari, MS 1 , Re...